JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
were judged with Chocolate Roulade with Chocolate Mousse and Cream
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
Click on Image to enlarge
175g dark chocolate
6 eggs – separated
175g caster sugar
2tbsp cocoa powder
2 eggs - separated
100g dark chocolate
40g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven 175C
2. Line a flat tray with baking paper (30cm
3. Mix sugar and egg yolks.
4. Whip egg whites until they form firm
5. Melt the chocolate.
6. Allow to chocolate to cool a little
and then add to the sugar/egg yolks mixture.
7. Fold in the cocoa and then the whipped
8. Spread the mixture out on the prepared
tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool
1. Melt the chocolate.
2. Add the butter to the melted chocolate
and mix. Whisk in the egg yolks.
3. Whip egg whites until they form firm
4. Allow to chocolate mixture to cool and
then fold in the whipped egg whites with the addition of the icing sugar.
1. Spread mousse evenly over the
2. Whip 250ml cream and spread over the
mousse and then roll the cake as in a swiss roll.
To serve –
1. Create a Hazelnut Praline using roasted Hazelnuts, sugar and water.
2. Dust roulade with icing sugar and
sprinkle with praline to serve.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Fortified Wines list.