JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
Semi Sweet White Wines
were judged with Pork Rillette with Cornichons
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
Click on Image to enlarge
Initial preparation will need to be done the day
1kg Pork Belly
4 Cloves Garlic
100ml Dry White Wine
100ml Good Chicken Stock
Duck Fat or Rendered Pork Fat
The day before:
1. Cut up the pork belly into 2.5cm cubes.
2. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and herbs
and allow to stand overnight.
The following day:
1. Preheat the oven to 150C.
2. Heat the duck fat in a casserole dish.
3. Add onions and cook down without too much
4. Add the pork and garlic. Seal lightly.
5. Add the stock and wine.
6. Cover well and place in the oven and cook until
very tender - about 2hrs. (Can also be cooked in a pressure cooker – 40mins.)
7. Remove meat and break up in a mixer, adding
8. Check seasoning.
9. Pot up in containers.
10. If storing to consume at a later time, when
cool top and seal with melted duck fat.
Serve with Cornichons, Olives and Crostini.
TIP - Freezes well – so it is better to do a larger
batch and pot up in small containers and use when needed.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Semi Sweet White Wines list.