JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
Medium Bodied Dry White Wines
were judged with Snapper Fillets with Orange and Fennel Sauce
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
Click on Image to enlarge
2 large or 4 small snapper fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
finely grated rind of 1 Orange
finely grated rind ½ lemon
olive oil and finely sliced fennel bulb
(reserve the fennel fonds)
tsp fennel seeds
100ml Orange juice
75ml lemon juice
180gm butter diced
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Season the fish fillets, and spread
the rinds evenly over them.
4. Adding the oil, bake fish for 8 - 10
mins or until just cooked.
1. Whilst the fish bakes, make up the
2. Dry fry the fennel seeds for 30
seconds and then add the fruit juices.
3. Whisking in the butter to make up the
sauce, adding the sliced fennel and fonds at the last moment.
To Serve -
Plate the fish and pour on sauce to serve.
Garnish with fennel fonds and orange segments.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Medium Bodied Dry White Wines list.