JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
Semi Sweet White Wines
were judged with Endive with Parmesan, thyme and prosciutto crumble.
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
Click on Image to enlarge
1/2 Endive / person
40g unsalted butter
4tsp crystal sugar
50g sourdough breadcrumbs
70g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2 thyme leaves, fresh
120ml whipping cream
12 slices Prosciutto ham
2 stalks parsley, fresh
1dl chicken stock
1. The Prosciutto crumble can be made ahead. On 150 degrees dry out the Prosciutto in about 20 min. Let it cool and break the slices into crumbles.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Heat half of the butter in a frying pan. Cut the endives into quarters. Add sugar to the butter and begin caramelizing the endives. Deglaze the pan with chicken stock.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs, whipped cream, salt, pepper, parmesan, and fresh thyme leaves. Put on the top of each endive.
4. Put the endives on a parchment paper, add the deglazed chicken stock and cream and bake for 15 min or until they are soft enough.
5. Assemble. Place 2 quarters of endive on a plate, pour a little cooking juice onto them. Sprinkle with Prosciutto crumbles and fresh parsley.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Semi Sweet White Wines list.