JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
Sparkling Red Wines
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
were judged with COUNTRY PORK AND VEAL TERRINE WITH PRUNES
Makes 1 Kilogram.
450g Fatty Pork Coarsely Minced (45% fat)
300g Veal medium minced
150g Chicken Livers chopped (careful to remove any gall bladder that may remain)
10 to 12 Pitted Prunes soaked in about 50mls Cognac/Armagnac)
3 g Pepper
1g each – Nutmeg, Cumin, Ground Coriander
To do 48 hours in advance
- Soak the Prunes in the Liqueur overnight.
- Mix all the Meats and Seasonings together, cover well and refrigerate.
To do the Day before
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the Terrine again (Meats and Seasonings) then add the Prune juices only. Mix well.
- Line a 1kg Terrine Mould with Gladbake, allowing enough on all sides to cover the top of the Terrine.
- Fill the Terrine half way up with the Meat Mixture, being careful to push well into the corners.
- Lay the Prunes down the middle and cover with the remaining Meat Mixture.
- Push down well and fold the Gladbake over it.
- Wrap a double layer of Foil over the top of the Terrine and seal well.
- Place the Terrine in a bain marie (half filled with boiling water).
- Cook in the preheated oven for approx. 30 to 40 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the oven. Unmould the Terrine and wrap in a tea towel. Allow to cool slowly to room temperature.
- When cool, press the terrine down with weights. It will cut better and will not crumble.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 24 hours
- Unmould and slice.
- Serve with Toasts, Cornichons, Pickled Onions and/or Relishes
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Sparkling Red Wines list.