JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
were judged with PROVENCAL GOAT CHEESE TARTLETS
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
Click on Image to enlarge
200g Shortcrust Pastry (or 4 prebaked pastry Shells – 8cm diameter)
1 Onion finely sliced
1 red Capsicum diced
1 Eggplant diced
3 ripe Tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
120g Goat Cheese
Salt and Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
A little White Wine
A little Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar (to lift the flavours)
- Roll out the Pastry and line the tart cases. Allow to rest.
- Line the pastry with gladbake and pastry weights.
- Bake in hot oven (200 degrees) for 12 minutes. Remove the pastry weights and continue baking until pastry is cooked. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- Heat some Olive Oil in a frying pan. Add the Onions and very lightly caramelise.
- Add the diced tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the diced capsicums and diced eggplant. Add Garlic, Salt ,Pepper and 2 tsp white Wine.
- Cook well. Adjust seasoning, add a little caramelised Balsamic Vinegar and some chopped Basil at the very end.
- Divide the mixture amongst the 4 tartlets. Top with the goat Cheese and return to the oven to heat through – about 5 minutes.
- Place a Tartlet in the middle of each plate. Top with fresh Rocket Leaves (stalks removed)
- Surround with Basil Oil and Olives.
- Serve immediately.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Rosé Wines list.