JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
Semi Sweet White Wines
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
were judged with PRAWN CAKES
500g Prawns, shelled and deveined
3 tsp Thai Red Curry paste
2 Eggs lightly beaten
3 tsp Fish Sauce
¼ cup Corn Flour
For Curry Paste
½ cup chopped Onions
8 Garlic Cloves
10 red Chilies
4 thin slices Galangal
2 tsp sliced Lemon Grass
1tsp chopped Coriander
½ tsp Cumin
1 tsp Shrimp Paste
1 tsp Salt
3 tsp Peanut Oil
For Cucumber Salad
500g Lebanese Cucumber
6 Garlic Cloves
3 Green Thai Chilies, chopped
6 tsp Tamarind Juice (1tsp Tamarind Paste to ½ cup Hot Water)
¼ cup Fish Sauce
2 tsp Sugar
6 Cherry Tomatoes, cut into quarters
- To make the red Curry Paste, combine all ingredients in a blender except for the Oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Heat Oil in a small pan and slowly fry the Paste until fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and store Paste in a jar. Set aside until ready to use.
- Blend the Prawns, 3 tsp of Thai red curry Paste, the 2 beaten Eggs, Fish Sauce and Corn Flour in a Food Processor.
- Divide the mixture into small patties (5cms diameter) - It should make approx.. 24 Patties.
- Deep fry until puffed and golden.
- Peel and seed the Cucumbers. Slice and cut into matchstick size pieces.
- Toss the Cucumber Matchsticks with the chopped green Thai Chilies, the Tamarind Juice and the sugar.
- Place 3 or 4 Prawn cakes onto each plate.
- Arrange the Cucumber Salad on the side topped with the Cherry Tomatoes.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Semi Sweet White Wines list.